Hey there punk,

This right here is the blog I'll be posting reviews on from now on. Expect bursts of productivity brushing shoulders with lengthy periods of total apathy. At the time of this writing my main idea is to use Something I wrote today for the publishing of reviews for records I offer through Don't Buy Records, but perhaps I'll use it for other shit as well. Lord knows I can rant! Hell, I might be a vlogger in a year or two. I've been contemplating a career shift for a while now and my mom says I've got the looks for it so who knows?

Want to buy some records? Go here: www.dontbuyrecords.blogspot.com

Want to talk shit? Reach out here: dontbuyrecords @ gmail . com

July (almost) 2020 Mailorder update: Tapes



Men and health - Devil in a suitcase/ Jesus in a pocket Tape (Self released) (5 euro)
Catchy and playful punk rock from Copenhagen, Denmark. Men and Health consists of two guitar players, a bass player/singer and a drum computer. What makes this group is the care-free melodic guitar playing that brings to mind 1980's Californian favorites such as the Adolescents and Angry Somoans in combination with Peter's sarcastic vocals. Men and Health shows a lot of versatility on this cassette. Songs like 'Stay in drugs' and 'I can see my house from here' have a nervous caffeine induced vibe and are rather silly. Other tracks like 'Jesus in a Pocket' and 'Smoof Operator' are more relaxed and might be the sonic equivalent to being high on a warm summer day. The lyrics make no secret of these guys' love for drugs. 11 songs on this one so plenty of bang for your buck and an entertaining listen throughout.  




Hear the two tapes that are combined on this one here: 

https://menandhealth.bandcamp.com/album/devil-in-a-suitcase.

No Nose - Covid-19 Tour 2020 Tape (Self released) (5 euro) 
Copenhagen's No Nose describe themselves as a scifi punk rock trio. The 12 songs on this tape indeed have a futuristic vibe reminiscent of Tumor Warlord although I like No Nose better. In all tracks No Nose's rhythm section creates a driving foundation over which Josefine plays damaged synths and Peter - yes, the same guy as the one in Men and Health - screams and speaks  at times joined by Josefine. Although both the apocalypse and human extinction are topics covered here, it's all done in a fun-loving way. No Nose don't take themselves very seriously, but you already knew that. They're called No Nose after all. When No Nose slows down, the band creates dragging downer dirges not unlike some AmRep bands, but the sound is obviously different. I'd label these songs space jams, if that wouldn't bring up the association with the hit movie starring Michael Jordan, which I, by the way, loved as a kid. Definitely different and therefore worth a hear.

Hear one half of the tape here: https://nonose.bandcamp.com/album/no-nose.

And three more songs, also on the tape, and now released on 7":  https://nonose.bandcamp.com/album/ep.